Are you trying to decide on where to stay near the Vancouver International Airport (YVR), BC? If you’re arriving late, have a red-eye flight, or got an overnight layover, staying in accommodations close to the airport will make traveling so much easier.
For those arriving or departing Vancouver, we cover exactly where to stay near the Vancouver International Airport. From in-terminal hotels to accommodations near the Skytrain (which connects the airport to the rest of Vancouver), here are the best places to stay near the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in British Columbia!
Where Exactly to Stay Near the Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Best Overall & Only In-Terminal Hotel
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport In-Terminal Hotel is the ultimate option out of all of the places to stay near the airport. If you’re looking for a combination of convenience and luxury, this is it!
As the only in-terminal hotel in the airport, you can’t get much closer than this. You’ll get incredible views of planes taking off and landing, right from your hotel room. Don’t worry about the noise though — the hotel is well soundproofed!
This luxury in-terminal airport hotel offers a variety of rooms with mountain or runway views. The well-equipped rooms have pillow top beds, workspaces, floor-to-ceiling windows, and modern bathrooms. There’s nothing better than relaxing in the air-jetted soaker tub in your room after a long day of traveling.
You can’t go wrong with a stay at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel. The only downside is that this hotel is pricey. As a 5-star hotel, you get what you pay for but those traveling on a budget should look elsewhere.
Best Hotel Outside of Airport Terminal
Located beside the Fraser River, the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel is only a few minutes away from the Vancouver International Airport. With a complimentary shuttle, the hotel’s prime location makes it easy and quick to get to and from the airport.
The hotel is also close to some of Richmond’s attractions like the Richmond Night Market, Richmond Olympic Experience, and the River Rock Casino. Additionally, the hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the Skytrain’s Bridgeport Station. You’ll be able to get anywhere in Vancouver quickly from this location!
For a comfortable stay, the hotel has plenty of amenities, including wake-up calls, room service, and the Apron restaurant for grabbing a bite to eat post-flight. There’s a fitness center and an indoor pool too, in case you want to work off some of the soreness from flying.
The rooms are spacious, quiet, and comfortable, with views of the Fraser River, city of Richmond, and the mountains. Overall, this is one of the best off-terminal hotels near the Vancouver International Airport for travelers needing to stay close to the runways!
Best Value Hotel
One of the best value hotels near the Vancouver International Airport is the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport-Richmond Hotel. While not the cheapest option in the area, it finds the happy medium between cost and quality so you’ll get the best bang for your buck.
Only a few minutes walk from the Bridgeport Station, this hotel has convenient access to the airport and the rest of Vancouver. On top of that, they also offer a complimentary 24-hour shuttle between the hotel and Vancouver Airport.
The Holiday Inn Express has many amenities that’ll be appreciated by a weary traveler. The guest rooms are quite nice, recently renovated and with everything you need for a good stay. For those jetlagged mornings, they provide free coffee in the lobby. There’s also a complimentary continental breakfast so you don’t have to worry about finding breakfast the day after a flight.
The hotel has a fitness center with ellipticals, treadmills, weights, and stationary bicycles. Additionally, they have guest laundry facilities, in case you’ve been traveling a while and need to wash your clothes.
Best Location for Restaurants & Shopping
The Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel is one of the best hotels to stay at for those who want to be close to Richmond Centre. Newly renovated, this top hotel offers comfortable, modern rooms for travelers who need to be near the airport.
Just a couple of blocks from the Richmond-Brighouse Station, you can ride the Skytrain all the way to the airport from here. They also have a free airport shuttle that’ll drive you straight from the hotel to the airport.
It’ll take longer to get to the airport from the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel than some of the other hotels near the Bridgeport Station. However, this hotel is much closer to amenities like restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and the CF Richmond Shopping Centre.
The hotel also has a variety of amenities, including an outdoor pool, fitness center, hot tub, and bar. Dine at the 75 West Coast Grill and enjoy a nightcap at the Great Room, before heading off for a refreshing sleep on a pillowtop mattress.
Best Hotel for Entertainment
Looking for the best hotel for entertainment near the Vancouver International Airport? Try the River Rock Casino Hotel, a 4-Diamond casino property!
Packed with things to do, you won’t be bored when staying here! Head to the casino — open 24 hours a day — to play all kinds of games, from slots to Poker. After, enjoy some live entertainment at the theatre or head to the Absolute Spa for rejuvenation and relaxation.
Need to get a workout in? They have fitness facilities with everything from treadmills to weights. There’s also a unique-looking indoor pool with a waterslide and hot tub. Or, stroll along the boardwalk in front of their marina on the Fraser River for some fresh air.
Not only that, but the hotel is conveniently located beside the Bridgeport Station for the Skytrain’s Canada Line. It’s only 7 minutes on the train to get to the airport (or 10 minutes by car)!
Top Travel Tips & Resources for Vancouver, BC
- What to Pack: Click here for our Vancouver Packing List!
- Travel Insurance – If you’re travelling internationally, travel insurance is a must for any trip. Being covered by insurance is especially important when you’re going to an adventure-filled place like British Columbia. If you injure yourself while adventuring, you want to have insurance! We recommend using SafetyWing for international travel insurance. They are affordable and have great policies for travellers, digital nomads, and remote workers. Also, SafetyWing provides COVID-19 coverage, which many other insurance companies don’t cover.
- Car Rental – We find the best deal on vehicle rental prices using RentalCars.com. They compare the prices for different car rental companies so you can find the best deals out there!
- Accommodations – We prefer booking all of our hotels, hostels, and other accommodations through Booking.com because they have a flexible cancellation policy. Also, there are lots of different options on their platform, from hotels to vacation homes. Alternatively, Expedia and Hotels.com are good for booking accommodations. For vacation home rentals, VRBO is an excellent choice (they have lower fees than Airbnb, many of the same properties, and are more ethical).
- Flights – You’ll find many good flight deals on Skyscanner or Google Flights. You can book flights through these websites and they’ll help you find the best prices and flight times. If you fly at less popular times (e.g. mid-week or red-eye flights), you can also save some money.
- Tours – Get the most out of your vacation by taking a guided tour! This is a great way to see the city, adventure to exciting new locations, and learn about the local culture. Viator or GetYourGuide are great options for booking tours.